Thursday, December 30, 2010

Multicolor Rug

Pin It
I had some leftover wool of various colors tangled up in a mess. Using these I made squares of different sizes and joined them together to form a colorful rug.



I wanted to make the edges broader using black wool but I ran out of the color. Also, I lost interest and just dropped the idea and left it as such. May be some other time I will finish it.



Pattern for a simple square motif
    Abbreviations
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
dc = double crochet

Ch 5; join with a sl st to form a ring.

1st Rnd: Ch 3, dc in ring (ch 3, 3 dc in ring) 3 times; ch 1, half dc in top of starting chain.

2nd Rnd: Ch 3, dc in space formed, *dc in next 3 dc, make 2 dc, 3 ch, 2 dc in the next space. Repeat from * around, ending with 2 dc in same place as first dc, ch 1, half dc in top of starting chain.

3rd Rnd Onwards: Ch 3, dc in space just formed, *dc in each dc, in corner space make 2 dc, ch 3, and 2 dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before.

Repeat the 3rd round until you reach the desired size. Fasten off.

Make such motifs of desired size and join together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...