Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Paper heart bunting

Pin It

I hope all my American friends had a wonderful extended weekend.  I am really thrilled to see that everyday my blog is reaching more and more people and I am excited to learn that my projects are being an inspiration to many of you.  Getting featured in sites like craftzine and dollarstorecrafts has really helped me a lot. I really appreciate all your support.


Here is another fun project that I made during the weekend. Actually this was not meant to be a bunting. I wanted to decorate another set of dry brances that I found with these paper hearts but then I felt that they would look better as a bunting, so I stringed them together to make the bunting.


I just cut out these heart patterns from a thick sheet and a few book pages. I covered the thick sheet heart with the book page hearts on both sides, glued button and punched a hole. I used my yarns to string them together. 

  
 It is a lot of fun if you engage your child. This is such a simple craft but such simple things really lift my spirits.

Blogging and photography have changed me a lot. I have learnt to appreciate and enjoy simple things in life. Yesterday I went to the terrace with my son and found there grasses growing there. I brought a bunch of them down and put them into a vase. Earlier I wouldn't have bothered to give this ordinary grass a second glance, but now I can even spend the whole day looking at this picture. It looks so magical that it really amazes me to see how even an ordinary grass can do wonders.

Shared with Communal Global

These sketches were by my kiddo. He just loves to draw vehicles, nothing else. These are the sketches of a cruise ship and dirt bike in case you are wondering.


That's it for now. Have a nice day.   

18 comments:

  1. Son encantadores los corazones de papel y si tienes razón que una simple hierba embellece un florero. Felicidades porque tus proyectos recorren el mundo y ayudan a la gente.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    you´re so creative, your blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the work and the photography...amazing! am a fan xoxo <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the great work! Talent gets noticed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful craft!! I love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!You are so creative!!!And I really admire your photograpy skills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is simply superb....

    TWO AWARDS waiting for U in my blog....CONGRATS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous idea....
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pradeepa, am in awe of your talent. Have been sufficiently motivated enough to start crocheting again!! Did it last in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! I love the button accents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful craft! you´re of course a great inspiration! thank you;)
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for linking up to the Tuesday To Do Party last week! I love your heart bunting! It was a List Maker this week! Feel free to stop by and grab a List Maker button. Can't wait to see what you share this week!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I featured your post @ WorkShop Wednesday! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these hearts are absolutely gorgeous. LOVE them.
    nice to have found your blog!
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi - dropping in from the Inspiration Board at Homework. Congratulations on being featured - I love your project. Hearts, paper, buttons - all things I just adore! And that little bunting is sweet as can be :) -diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...