Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crochet flower square

Pin It

The pattern for this square was adapted from Drops Design as well as inspired from a Japanese magazine that I saw in the net but couldn't remember the site. I have used four colors for this square. I love the choice of colors.


I am going to show you step-by-step how to crochet this square.  But before that remember ch = chain, dc = double crochet, sc = single crochet, sl = slip stitch.  Come on, let's get started.



Using color A make 4 ch to form a ring.  Make 4 ch to count as 1st dc and ch. *Make 1 dc in ring followed by 1 ch into ring. Repeat * 7 times. Finally you will have 8 dc in the ring. Join.



 Ch 4. 1 dc in same stitch. * Ch 1, 1 dc in next stitch, ch 1, 1 dc in same stitch. Repeat *. You will be making 2 dc in each dc with a chain inbetween. So finally you will have 16 dc in total with 1 ch between each stitch. Join together.




Ch 3 to count as 1st dc, 2 dc in same stitch. You will be working a dc cluster here (leave the last loop of each stitch on the hook and finally pull them all together. If you don't know how to work a cluster stitch you can do google search and find some video tutorials). *Ch 1, make a dc cluster (3 dc worked together) in the next chain space. Repeat *. Totally you will have 16 dc clusters with 1 ch in between each cluster. I hope I am not confusing you. Join. Cut off the yarn and attach a new color B.



Ch 3 to count as 1st dc, 2 dc in same space. *Ch 1, 3 dc in next 1-ch space. Repeat *.  Join. Cut off yarn and attach next color C.



Ch 1, sc in same space. *Ch 3, 1 sc in next 1-ch space, ch 3, 1 sc in same space, ch 3, 1 sc in next ch space, ch 3, 1 sc in next ch space, ch 7, 1 sc in same ch space, ch 3, 1 sc in next ch space. Repeat *. Join with sl st.



Using the same color ch 1, 1 sc in same stitch. *(4 dc, 1 ch, 4 dc) into 3-ch loop, sc in next sc, (6 dc, 2 ch, 6 dc) into 7-ch loop, 1 sc in next sc. Repeat *. Join. Cut off yarn and attach color D.



Ch 1, dc in same space. * Ch 3, 1 sc in 1 ch-space between 8 dc, ch 3, 1 dc in next sc, ch 5, (1 sc, ch 3, 1 sc) in 2-ch space between 12 dc, chain 5, 1 dc in next sc. Repeat *. Join.



Ch 3, 4 dc in 3-ch space, 4 dc in next 3-ch space, 5 dc in 5-ch space, (3 dc, 2 ch, 3 dc) in corner loop. Repeat and join.


Ch 3, 1 dc in each dc till end of row. 1 dc, 1 ch, 1 dc in corner loop. Join and cut off yarn.

  
Now, what am I going to do with these squares once I finish them? Guess!

24 comments:

  1. are you going to make another cushion?i love that green colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful square and what a good combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, yes Ninu you guessed right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grannys are very beautiful ,
    love the choice of colours, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful choice in colors for your granny squares. Should be a lovely finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog, I think I have to follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. j' adore tu as des réalisations magnifiques

    tu as de la magie aux bouts des doigts
    je te met l' adresse de mon blog tu pourras venir me rendre visite laisse moi un petit mot que je te mette dans mes blogs a visiter tu peux faire de même pour moi merci Dane
    http://dane.et.le.crochet.blog.free.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sehr schönes Tutorial :-)
    Dankeschön ♥

    Liebe Grüße
    Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bedankt voor het delen van dit patroon dmv deze duidelijke tutorial
    Ik heb een link geplaatst op mijn blog
    http://knutsel-dekentje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muchas gracias por este paso a paso un beso desde Argentina ♥
    Thanks for sharing kisses for you from Argentina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your color combo. I am now following you!

    robin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very clever! I love you work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorei o pap ,obrigada por compartilhar. Amo seu trabalho!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you separate each step with a picture! For someone who's visual like me, it makes my life much easier! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the best color combinations that I have seen. They are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, my best new blog to follow from down in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I made some changes in your pattern and translated it in Dutch I hope you don't mind it if ik publish this on my blog. I'll put your blog as a reference.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What is the finished size of each square?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it measured around 5 inches, it was made using a sport weight yarn and a small size hook, I don't remember the size. The size of the square will vary depending on the type of yarn and the size of hook used.

      Delete
    2. Correct me if I'm wrong. It looks like the clusters are made in each of the dc not the ch sp.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...