Monday, March 14, 2011

Rock Garden, Chandigarh

Pin It


Two years back we visited the Rock Garden in Chandigarh. I had heard about it before but what I saw was truly amazing. It was unbelievable. The entire garden is made out of recycled material. Even more amazing is the fact that it was started by a single person named Nek Chand secretly around 1957. Later it was found out by the authorities and taken over. It has many man-made structures like waterfalls, bridges, pathways, tunnels, stairs, pillars and such and everything is made out of industrial as well as household trash like broken glasses, ceramics, bangles, electrical wastes like plugs, switches ...










Ceramic Men

Here are some junk teddies






Statues made using broken glass bangles.

Cement sack pillars and ceramic stairs







My camera didn't have enough space in it, so I was not able to click many pics. Such an amazing garden.  I would love to visit it again.

5 comments:

  1. I'm speechless...it really must have been fun to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow
    This is the first time i am viewing such place.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Your blog is attractive and colourful.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pradeepa! I have found this post about Rock Garden. I live in Chandigarh and also write about it in my blog silkwaytomydream.blogspot.com
    Also I was pleased to find someone doing crochet!!! I liked your projects. Will be waiting for more crochet creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dabbl commit to make top quality and best design shower enclosure, shower door, cubicle etc for customers. So if you are looking to bathroom shower products then fee free to send our requirement at export4@dabbl.de more information visit here Shower Enclosures, Glass Shower Doors, Cubicle, Screen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...