Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Lace summer tunic

Pin It

I took a giant step forward. Yes, I went ahead and crocheted a tunic top. For a very long time I refused to come out of my comfort zone, I was satisfied with designing only hats, scarves and other accessories and stayed out of anything that involved mathematics and headaches. But then I slowly graduated to designing a few baby clothes and realized that once you get the basics right it's a smooth sail after all. 


So I took one more step forward with yarn and hook in hand and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can you believe, I'm already into my second project now and it involves cables. I'll let you have a glimpse of it in another post. I had a few hiccups initially, I was doubtful about the sizing but once I finished it and tried it on my dress form I knew I had done a good job.




The pattern can be purchased from here, here and here

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And kudo's for stepping out of your comfort zone. I've been doing similar'stepping' and it is frightening at first but it does get better and easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I am already finding it more easier and loving it.

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely tunic and you did a great job coming out of comfort zone:) Hope I will also get something new done in my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ! Gorgeous ! Gorgeous !!!!!!!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing! Well done my friend, I am in awe of your designing skills.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful!!
    I hope you don't mind if I link your post to my bi-weekly Link Party "Handmade Café". My readers will be thrilled to have your pattern! Thank you.
    http://oksanalikesit.blogspot.com/2016/08/handmade-cafe-75-features-75.html
    Feel free to join our Link Party every other Saturday! You will meet the best crafters from around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous
    Great job on getting out of your comfort zone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful, beautiful tunic.
    It looks so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it's beautiful, well done you are very talented, thank you for sharing with the stash party. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...