I had wanted to try tapestry crochet for a very long time but wasn't able to come up with a suitable project. I didn't want to try it on anything big like a cushion cover or a bag. I did make a case for my mobile phone sometime back but I wasn't pleased with the result. However, I lost the phone soon after that and there was no use for the cover.
Tapestry crochet was forgotten for some time until I suddenly realized that I didn't have a pincushion. So finally I got something to try my new technique on. After browsing through plenty of charts and patterns on pinterest I settled on a simple chevron pattern.
Though the technique is not a difficult one I found it a bit cumbersome with the yarns getting tangled up. Anyway I am very pleased with the result.