Friday, March 16, 2012

Can I call this a cheesecake?

Pin It

I have never tasted a cheesecake, but I always wanted to make one. Cheesecakes are not commonly available here but I have seen plenty of pictures of delicious cheesecakes and drooled enough. Yesterday was a perfect day for experimenting. The main ingredient for cheesecake which is cream cheese is also not available here but that was not going to stop me. I had made up my mind and I just went ahead with whatever I had at hand even though I didn't have ANY of the main ingredients. I didn't have cream cheese, I didn't have biscuits for the crumb base. I should say this is the craziest recipe I have ever tried.


Surprising it turned out GOOD! No, I wouldn't say it was heavenly, but it was good and the whole cake disappeared within an hour or two.


Sorry, I can't share the recipe with you as there was no proper recipe here. I will just say what I did. I took some paneer (I think it is an equivalent to cottage cheese). I added some yoghurt to it and blended well. Then I added one egg, few spoons of powdered sugar and flour. Mixed them all well and baked. Then I cooled it and poured strawberry flavoured jelly on top of it and allowed it to set in the refrigerator for an hour or so.

I am happy that my craziest receipe did not turn out to be a diaster. Does it mean that I am turning into a good baker?


After gulping down the "supposed to be cheesecake," me and my kiddo made a short trip to the park. This time of the year is the best in Delhi and we can find plenty of flowers everywhere. I hadn't been out a lot recently and yesterday we made this trip especially to get some flower photographs before the season ends.

Beautiful, aren't they?

11 comments:

  1. Yummmy post! I have never eaten and, moreover made, a cheesecake, but I would love to try to make it! And flowers are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made plenty of cheesecakes and you did very well. When I first started reading I thought 'what about paneer?'. You are very clever and I am sure it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call it : yummy !
    Have a nice week-end.
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! As long as it tastes good and is made of cheese, that's all that matters! I imagine if you used Paneer, it's much lighter than the typical cheesecake (which is usually quite thick and heavy), so tha tmight have bene a ncie delight. How did you get that pink in the jelly? Beets?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious, indeed! Even if you did not have the key ingredients, this still looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this definitely qaulifies for cheesecake. Good job Pradeepa, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like my girlfriend, Shereen, who is from India. She never ever follows a recipe. Just a pinch of this and a bit of that and lunch is served. And always very, very good. :) There's always a way to make due when you can't find what you need. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy post can we make this without egg?????????????

    ReplyDelete
  9. luking at your post i am saying cheeese:))).. luks really yummy Pradeepa:))),as usual ur photography is praise worthy:)).. congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...