Friday, February 10, 2012

♥ Valentine Cake Hearts ♥

Pin It

I think I am the only person in blogland who hasn't made a Valentine post yet.
So here it is...

This is actually a chocolate walnut cake that I baked about 10 days or so ago but did't have the time to post it. The receipe is originally a chocolate cake recipe to which I added a handful of walnuts (that was all I had at home) to make this delicious choco-walnut cake.

This pretty flower is from my balcony garden. I am really not lucky when it comes to gardening. So this flower makes me so happy. Ah! But I should admit that the plant already had the bud in it when I planted it in the pot and it was ready to bloom :)))

The recipe for the cake is super easy and you can try it out.

Ingredients

All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cups
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Cooking oil - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2 
Vanilla - a few drops (optional)

Sieve the dry ingredients (Flour, cocoa and baking powder).
I always powder my sugar after measuring it so that it dissolves quickly. 
Blend together the oil, milk, eggs and vanilla using an electric blender.
Add sugar and the sieved dry ingredients. Blend everything together until combined.
Pour into your greased and seasoned cake pans and bake. The ideal temperature setting for my oven is 150 degree C. I bake for 40 mins or until done.

Oops! I forgot the walnuts. Add 1/4 cup of chopped and roasted walnuts at the end and fold them into the dough. I didn't have 1/4 cup. It was a little less than that.

ed the crunchy, nutty taste in my chocolate cake. Hmm... the thought makes me drool.


I have to thank all of you for all the lovely comments you leave here. Also, I have to mention the awards that you give me. Awards are really nice and they make you feel elated, wanted, important, humbled, etc., but they also make me feel uncomforable. So I don't accept awards. Everytime someone has left an award for me I feel really bad refusing to accept it. I hope you will understand. The comments that you leave here appreciating my work mean a thousand times more to me than an award. So instead of awards leave comments and more comments. That would make me really happy.

♥ ♥ ♥ Thanks and have a nice day ♥ ♥ ♥

15 comments:

  1. yum...yummmy! I love the images too, how smart you are my dear :)
    keep sharing the YUMMM *(*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me hungry... very good idea to offer for Valentin's Day !
    Big Hug and nice week-end to you !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cakes. I haven't had a Valentine's Post yet, and at the rate I am going probably won't this year. Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love easy, so will definitely be giving this one a try. There's not a day that goes by that I don't have a handful of walnuts. I throw them into just about anything I can. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I'm bookmarking this recipe to make in the future.
    I understand what you're saying about receiving comments- it really makes my day too!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too cute! Just in time for V-Day.

    Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an award for you over at my blog, if you would like to accept. If you don't participate in blog awards, that's fine, I just wanted to show you my appreciation for your blog.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. ths s absolutely romantic and love the vivid image....itz stunning....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm that looks SO yummy!

    I love your blog btw. I love crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy cake. Pradeepa, I have an award for you on my blog. (if you want to participate).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog on Pinterest and I am so happy I did, you are an amazingly talented person. I have loved browsing your site! you take really great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is very useful. Thank you so much for providing plenty of useful content. I have bookmark your blog site and will be without doubt coming back. Once again, I appreciate all your work and also providing a lot vital tricks for your readers.
    Eeyore cake Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...