Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lemon Cake

Pin It

One thing I am never tired of is baking cakes. Even if it had been a hectic day, the thought of taking out my measuring cups, pans, blender, etc., and most importantly searcing the web for a new recipe always seems to invigorate me.

I don't have to mention the aroma that fills the entire house when the cake is getting ready.



Though I would love to bake more often I try to limit myself to not more than twice a month as it is always me who end up gulping down major portion of the cake. My husband has become more watchful of what goes inside his tummy and my kid, after his first piece, simply gets distracted and forgets about it.

So whenever I enter the kitchen the cake starts yelling at me (especially if it has plenty of icing on it) to take just a small bite. Eventually after many small bites and when the cake has become considerably smaller in size, the kid suddenly remembers about it. By then the major chunk is happily resting inside my tummy. Ha...ha...ha...not my fault, he should have been more alert. Anyway he is not very fond of cakes with plenty of frosting. So he dosen't mind. Good for me.

Last week I made this cake. The recipe is from here. For the frosting I used the Italian Meringue Frosting that you can find here. Do I have to say that it was delicious? If not, I wouldn't have bothered to photograph it and post it here.


 
Try it and you will enjoy it.

Have a nice day.

14 comments:

  1. The cake looks delicious but the pictures are amazing...
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks sooo delish.I love all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cakes cakes :) I am not a huge cake fan... but love savoury baked stuff, buns, rolls and all !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm -- certainly can go wrong with anything that has lemon. :) Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures of the cake are tempting enough for me to try my hand at it! It looks very inviting. I love lemon desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photography skills are amazing! What wonderful captures of your baking! I especially LOVE that first photo! I'm off to have a look at the recipes you've shared...thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photography...Surely.. the cake will also be great....

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Pradeepa. the cake looks so yummy and I am feeling the aroma in the air. Excellent presentation - so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pradeepa more than the cake the fruit mesmerised me....wow stunning pic....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cake, and I LOVE lemon cake. Saw your post on http://ladybug-blessings.com/ linky party. I shared my link to Italian Meat Sauce and also Christmas Ham Glaze recipe(s). Welcoming others to stop by my blog too.

    Again, thanks for sharing; your cake photos are delicious looking!

    Sharon Anne @ sharealikecooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is B-U-T-FUL!!! My Mom LOVES anything Lemon so shes absolutely gonna flip over this cake:)Thanks from your Newest follower,please stop by for a visit sometime:)Http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com Thanks again,Deidre~

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this luks sinfully luscious Pradeepa!!.. humm am drooling no end!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...